Curriculum Overview, 9-12
We choose textbooks from a variety of publishers. This allows us to have the best materials for each subject rather than being tied to any one publisher. To see a summary of what is taught in Senior High, please click here.
Senior High Reading List
Students attending Cornerstone Christian High School must read 72 of the books on the required High School reading list (or approved substitutes) as part of graduation requirements.
During the normal school year many of the books on the required reading list are read in class. These count toward the requirement.
The required numbers of books are adjusted when a student is not in high school for the full four years. To see the list, click here.
Students gain valuable experience in real-life project management through committee-based projects under the supervision and mentoring of staff advisors. Leadership class includes practical training in time management as well as the use of mind mapping, task maps, task lists, and taking minutes. Leadership skills are taught and modeled, including how to delegate, how to supervise others, and conflict management techniques. The following standing committees are active all year: Student Government, Yearbook, Spirit, and Community Service. Other committees vary by semester.
Jr./Sr. High Dress Code
“At-A-Glance” Dress Code for Jr./Sr. High
High School Graduation Requirements
In order to graduate from Cornerstone Christian School, a student must:
- Complete 260 units of high school credit;
- Complete all the required courses or approved substitutes;
- Read 56-72 books on the High School Reading List or approved substitutes depending on graduation requirements ( fewer books are required for those who attend CCS for less than four years);
- Complete a certain number of hours in community service projects during their high school years; and
- Participate in Field Day activities as required during his/her years at Cornerstone.
Seniors may elect to complete a Senior Project, or they may continue to participate in the high school Leadership class.